The MultiConnexions ‘Up Close and Personal’ blog series aims at revealing the fun and quirky side of our talented and experienced MultiConnexions team. In this edition, we interviewed MCX team member Marija Kovacevic and discovered what makes her tick.
1. What is your name, and what do you do at MultiConnexions?
My name is Marija Kovacevic and I am the Director of Media.
2. How long have you been at the company, and what is your experience?
I’ve been with MultiConnexions for 6 wonderful years. Prior to that, the media industry chose me when I was 19. For 2 decades, I worked for some of the biggest media agencies in Australia such as The Media Store, OMD and UM. I spent 4 years in marketing as Regional Marketing Manager for Defence Force Recruiting.
But my true love is multicultural media. The best part of multicultural media is that I get to meet people from all over the world and from all walks of life – their stories and experiences are what motivates me every day.
3. What motivates you to get out of bed in the morning?
Coffee and the sound ‘mama’ coming from my youngest daughter’s room
4. Best way to win brownie points with you?
5. Describe life at MCX with a gif or meme.
6. Tell us one thing about you that surprises people.
Buy me coffee and cake and I will tell you two!
7. The world is ending and you have to choose one book, one movie and one TV show to watch for the rest of your life. What do you pick?
Can’t I just have my mobile? So that I can have more than just one book, one movie, one TV show. I want to take memories I have made with my family and friends, shared jokes & memes, videos of my girls’ first steps and first words, pictures of happy moments and of my first family home. Sorry, I get very sentimental! OK, OK.. here are my answers.
Book: The Bronze Horsemen by Paulina Simons.
Movie: Can’t really think of any at the moment.
TV Show: Goggle Box (love to know what other people think about other programs).
8. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 18 year old self?
“Take it easy and enjoy life” – I feel like I took adulthood way too seriously
9. What is your most used emoji?
10. If someone were to play you in a movie, who would you want it to be?
Definitely someone with an accent, passion and feistiness – possibly someone of Latino-descent because I think they look beautiful.
11. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
“Always listen while others talk, you don’t have to agree with their views but always listen” – my dad’s wise words.
12. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
My mum’s ‘Gulaš-Čorba’. It’s a meat and veg stew.
13. Would you rather…
Travel forward or back in time? Back in time
Be invisible for one day or be able to fly for one day? Fly for one day
Speak every language or be able to speak to animals? Speak every language
Have more time or have more money? Time, but don’t they go hand in hand?
14. Finally, what excites you most about the future of multicultural Australia?
Everything new excites me! New audiences are arriving and shaping Australia from all over the world bringing their traditions, food, music and ambitions to make a better life in Australia. What’s more exciting than that?